Maryland-DC-DE, North Carolina, Ohio,Cincinnati, Dayton, Central Virginia, Piedomont Virginia, West Virginia
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON REGION 2 TEAM SELECTIONS CONTACT:
Erin Schweinsburg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Hutcherson: email@example.com,
FACTS: NUMBER OF TEAMS: 2 NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 30 NUMBER OF COACHES: 4
The Central Atlantic Region (Region 2) has the opportunity to field a total of two teams (30 athletes and 4 coaches) for participation in the USA Softball All-American Games.
In an effort to streamline the try-out process for the first year, the 30 athlete spots and 4 coach spots have been divided to an East/West area among the 8 Associations within our Region. 1 team will be formed from the tryouts in the East and one from the West. The East is made up of Maryland-DC-DE, North Carolina, Central Virginia, Piedmont Virginia. The West is made up of Ohio, Cincinnati, Dayton and West Virginia.
FACTS: Players may try out as many times as they want and may try out at any of our local locations.
- North Carolina- Saturday, Feb. 16, 9:00-11:00 am. Baseball Rebellion, 4502 Bennett Memorial Rd, Durham, NC 27705
- Virginia- Sunday, Feb. 17, 1:00-3:00 pm. Kamphuis Field at Liberty University, 1971 University Blvd., Lynchburg, VA, 24502
- Maryland- Sunday, Feb. 24, 5:30-7:30 pm, Maryland Sportsplex, 5200 Glen Arm Rd, Glen Arm, MD 21057
- Delaware- Sunday, March 3, 12:00-2:00 pm, 10000 Race Track Rd, Delmar, DE 19940
- West Virginia- SEE BELOW
- Ohio-SEE BELOW
- Please note these dates and locations are subject to change.
- If one of these dates and times do not work for your schedule, contact Jill, firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will attempt to arrange a private tryout, no guarantees.
- Player must play for a team that is registered or will register with USA Softball.
- Player must have been born in 2006 or after. IE: Player had to be 12 years old or younger at some point in the year 2019.
- Please notify us of which tryout you will be attending. This helps us contact you in case of any changes in try-out location/time.
- You are welcome to come to more than one tryout.What to bring:
- A copy of your try out registration ******
- $40 non-refundable tryout fee, $20, if this is your second tryout and you still have your T-shirt.
- All equipment: Bat, glove, mask (if applicable), batting gloves, catchers gear (if applicable), anything else you play with.
- Shoes: I would bring a grippy pair of tennis shoes, some facilities have indoor dirt, can bring rubber cleats. *But tennis shoes are required.
- WaterDetails of the Try-Outs:
- Recommended you show up 30 mins prior to your tryout time.
- Check in will start 30 minutes prior to your tryout time. You will receive your T-shirt and have time to warm-up/stretch.
- Throwing, hitting, fielding, and base running will take place at each tryout. Additional skills and drills will be added if time allows.
- Pitching and Catching will take place after general skills.
- Skills will be recorded and tested. At the end of the tryout, we will be happy to share your scores if time allows. Please do not ask during the event.
- Coaches will take the information collected during the tryout and you will receive an email with your status.
The Hit Center, 2240 5th Ave, Huntington, WV 25703
Clinic fee is $35 before February 25th, $45 after, tryout fee for All American game is $25
USA All American Shirts Will be on Sale for $20
Sunday, March 24th 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Alliance
The Billy Dome, 9439 Moulin Ave, Alliance, OH 44601 www.thebillydome.com 330 – 471-1750
Clinic fee is $35 before March 20th, $45 after, tryout fee for All American game is $25
Final Try – Out Date is Sunday April 14th
Location and Time will be determined soon